Monday, September 27, 2010

Literary Elements


By having the slightest understanding of literary elements one can get so much more from a book.  For myself, as a future educator, the literary elements are something that I naturally think about whenever reading a book.  But I always find that by having a discussion or a type of book talk makes me realize all the things I might have skipped over.  All the different interpretations of the metaphors and symbols are nice to hear from people’s views.  So, when I am reading books I find meaning and worth behind a book by being knowledgeable of the literary elements.  Sometimes I will discover a very difficult book to read, but it is important to give it a chance before completely giving up on it.  One can comprehend a story, even a difficult one, by being able to recognize the literary elements of the story.  The literary elements give you meaning and life within the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment